Great to keep in your First Aid Kit for just in case! Taking just 1 drop and up to 25 drops of Nervous System Tonic diluted with water, will help you sleep like a baby and provide a calming effect when feeling nervous or stressed!
*Translated this remedy from Russian to English.
**I bought all the ingredients at the Russian store “Kiev” on Nevada and Sprague (for those of you who lives in Spokane, WA) and if you are not local welcome to click on the links below to see where you can buy it online.
***Save the bottles.
- Motherwort Tincture-25ml (Пустырник)
- Hawthorn Tincture-25ml (Боярышник)
- Peony Tincture-25ml (Пион)
- Eucalyptus Tincture-50ml (Эвкалипт)
- Mint Tincture-50ml (Мята)
- Corvalol Tincture-25ml (Карвалол)
- Valerian Tincture-25ml (Валериана)
- Siberian Ginseng-25ml (Женьшень)
- Cloves-10g (dry form with buds) (Гвоздика)
****4 teaspoons equals out to about 10 grams.
Other Things To Have:
- Canning jar/Label to write dates on (10 days)
- Foil (To wrap the jar)
Pour out all the tinctures above into a gaming jar and add dried clove buds – 10g. Cover a jar with the lid, wrap it with a foil (to keep it from direct sunlight) and put on a label with dates. The mixture needs to set for 10 days. Shake it daily.
On the tenth day, strain off the mixture from cloves and pour it into the same bottles that you have saved.
Take as needed. Just a few drops diluted with water may already bring good results.
*If this is your first time taking this tonic, it’s a good idea to start taking it gradually from just once a day, at bed time using less drops (just to see how your body will react to it). If you like the results increase the amount of drops to a full amount of 25-30 drops the next night. If you feel fine, take 25-30 drops, twice a day(morning-evening). If felt needed and necessary, you may then start taking it 3 times a day. Start gradually, listening to what the body is telling you. You may not even have to go up to 3 times a day, it all depends on how you feel. Unless you work with a doctor/specialist and he/she tells you the exact amount and for how often it needs to be taken then go off of that prescription.
Duration of a treatment course: The duration of the treatment is individual for each person. Taking into the consideration individual’s nervous-system-state, herb tolerance and the achieved therapeutic effect after taking it.
The average recommended duration of taking the tonic is 2-4 weeks. It is not recommended to use this tonic for a long period of time, longer than 4 weeks due to the ethanol content. In about two weeks of taking it, take a 10 day break. Then you may start taking it again for two more weeks. Use it at your own discretion and always consult a specialist before deciding on the duration.
Duration of a treatment course in Children: Children over 12 years of age use as many drops as the age of a child, dilute it in 1/4 cup of water, 3 times a day. The duration of admission in children should be minimal.
*Due to the lack of sufficient data on ethyl alcohol, it is not recommended to use in children under 12 years of age; even though I had a good experience of giving my kids from 1-2 drops, diluted with water, who were younger than 12 when needed. Again, use it at your own discretion or at the discretion of a specialist.
What’s in the bottle:
On the average, there are 500 drops in a 25 milliliter bottle of a Nervous System Tonic.
Since some of the bottles are wider and larger than the other ones, to make sure I put 25 milliliters back into each bottle I use a sharpie, as a marker, before pouring store bought tinctures into the canning jar. In the wider/bigger bottles it will seem as there are less tincture versus the amount in thinner/smaller bottles.
Alcohol-based herbal tinctures last for up to 3 years and longer while preserving the freshness and potency of medicinal properties if stored properly.
Store it in a room temperature at about 50F-70F degrees (in a cupboard) and out of direct sunlight. Refrigeration is not necessary to enhance the properties of it.
- Provides sedative effect to the central nervous system
- Strengthens Nervous System
- Regulates blood pressure
- Reduces stress (provides calming effect)
- Helps with sleep disorders
- Relieves anxiety
- Irritability (calms down when crying)
- Helps with panic attacks
- Cardio-tonic (slows heart’s rhythm and strengthens heart’s contractions)
Also try adding contrast showers to the routine, as contrast showers helps with all the symptoms listed above if done consistently for some time.
If you know that a valerian root herb works the opposite for you just avoid adding it into the mix. Avoiding it in the mix will still have strong effect in relaxing and toning the nervous system.
- This tonic will increase the sedative effect in other drugs if taken together which may result into negative effect on a nervous system.
- Do not use if allergic or may be allergic to any of the ingredients above.
- Not recommended for pregnant and nursing women due to the lack of sufficient data on Ethyl Alcohol.
- Not recommended to drive a vehicle or operate any machinery, or anything that requires a fast acting reaction while taking this tonic.
- If this tonic won’t help you with the symptoms within 3 days of taking it (or so), it is recommended to go see a specialist.
******This remedy has not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to treat or cure any disease.